The General Ledger module is the foundation of your accounting system, with flexibility that meets the current and future financial management requirements of organizations of all types and sizes. It provides a robust feature set designed to handle your most demanding budgeting and processing needs. General Ledger fully integrates with all modules and is the key to maximizing the efficiency and accuracy of your financial data.
General Ledger Capabilities
• Integrate powerful financial diagnostic and strategic analysis tools through ACCPAC CFO.
• Create alphanumeric account numbers as long as 45 characters.
• Flag General Ledger accounts as inactive to stop using them, but retain them in the system for historical and reporting purposes.
• Maintain separate periods for adjusting and closing entries.
• Assign different retained earnings accounts to different account segments.
• Set up and schedule recurring journal entries for transactions that are processed on a regular basis.
• Drill down to the originating journal entry and transaction from transaction history.
• Lock budgets to prevent unauthorized changes.
• Limit the batches shown in the Batch List window to only those from a single subledger.
• Automatically create budgets using prior-year information or choose from seven other computation methods.
• Create analytical reports, spreadsheets, graphs and charts, and update budgets automatically through full integration with Microsoft Excel.
• Produce fast, flexible, customized financial statements through full integration with Microsoft Excel.
• Print consolidated statements or statements for any accounting division represented by an account number segment code.
• Auto-reverse entries to eliminate manual accrual tracking and specify the period for the reversal.
• Reverse a posted transaction.
• Drill down from an unposted journal entry to the originating transaction.
Some of the reports included are:
• Batch Listing
• Batch Status
• Chart of Accounts
• Comparative Balance Sheets
• General Ledger Options
• General Ledger Transactions Listing
• Income Statements
• Posting Journals
• Trial Balance
The G/L Security module enables organizations to control which users can view or use certain general ledger accounts based on segment validation in G/L Security settings.
G/L Security Capabilities
• Control access to any account in your general ledger by segment. This allows you to limit user activity to a prescribed set of accounts, blocking sensitive or confidential accounts from being seen or changed.
• Tailor access to accounts for each Sage Accpac user or group of users.
• Set access rights for single or multi-segment validation or for single or multiple account validation.
• Restrict users from viewing batches containing accounts from which they are prohibited.
• Restrict users to adding accounts only to segments to which they have access.
• Add or remove user restrictions at any time in response to staffing changes, changes to your account structure, or as security concerns arise.
• Restrict financial reports only to valid accounts.
G/L Consolidations lets you transfer and merge General Ledger account and transaction information between separate company and branch office locations. It is also designed to enable subsidiaries and holding companies to run without being on the same network or accounting database. G/L Consolidations provides a feature set that allows your company to define the level of detail to consolidate and provides a comprehensive audit trail. The system is available in two versions: a full version for the head office and a remote-sites version for branch offices.
G/L Consolidations Capabilities
• Consolidate multiple general ledgers by transactions, net period changes or account balances.
• Consolidate general ledgers with differing fiscal years and fiscal periods, and with different account structures, by using a mapping table.
• Include budgets for a range of years in the consolidated company.
• Maintain a separate general ledger for your consolidated ledgers or consolidate with the head office or central general ledger.
• Consolidate all accounts or a partial set of accounts using the automatic balancing account (exclude entries from the consolidation if needed).
• Merge multiple accounts in subsidiaries into single holding company accounts.
• Specify a description for account balances or net change transactions.
• Maintain a detailed audit trail of all consolidation activities.
• Transfer transactions originating in a holding company back to subsidiaries to centrally maintain payroll or fixed assets.
• Automatically perform currency translation with the provision of gain or loss on translation.*
• Consolidate multicurrency and single currency accounts, and general ledgers with differing functional currencies.*
• Translate amounts from functional currency or source currency in the originating ledger, and specify the translation rate type.*
Some of the reports included are:
• Export Audit
• Export Setup
• Import Audit
• Import Unit Maintenance
• Mapping Table
The Transaction Analysis and Optional Field Creator module provides complete support for unlimited optional fields throughout all Sage Accpac applications. Optional fields allow you to customize Sage Accpac and provide comprehensive reporting and analysis capabilities across your entire accounting system. You can manage information more effectively and easily obtain necessary data for analyzing business operations and practices.
Transaction Analysis and Optional Field Creator allows you to define all the information you require for each General Ledger account, customer, vendor, item, transaction and transaction detail, making it easy to record and track data from the originating transaction through to your General Ledger. Imagine being able to trace the optional field information you define for customers and items to your Order Entry orders, Order Entry shipments, Order Entry invoices, Accounts Receivable invoices through to your General Ledger journal entries and accounts! You can define unlimited text, amount, date, time, integer, number and yes/no optional fields for use in all Sage Accpac applications.